Lemon & Brown Sugar Ice Cream
Prep Time 10 hrs
Cook Time 10 min
- 2 large lemons
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Purity Dairy heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Purity Dairy whole milk
(makes 2 quarts)
- Peel lemons with paring knife reserving peel; set aside. Cut each lemon in half and juice; reserve ½ cup lemon juice.
- Follow ice cream maker directions to prepare to freeze ice cream.
- In 2-quart saucepan whisk together reserved ½ cup lemon juice, brown sugar, lemon curd, egg yolks and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in cream and milk until combined. Stir in lemon peel. Cook over medium-high heat, stir occasionally, until mixture just comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool at room temperature 1 hour.
- Strain mixture through metal sieve into large bowl. Cover with plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer to freezer-safe dish; cover. Freeze 4 hours before serving.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.