Fried Buttermilk Dills with Herby Ranch
Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time 12 min
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Purity Dairy buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced dill pickles (hamburger dill chips or ovals), drained
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Purity Dairy buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- To make dip, in medium bowl whisk together sour cream and buttermilk; stir in parsley, chives and dill. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Cover; refrigerate until served.
- To make pickles, pour oil into heavy bottomed 12-inch skillet; cook over medium high heat until oil is 350°F. Line 2 (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with paper towels; set 1 aside. Place pickles on 1 paper towel lined pan to remove any moisture. Blot with paper towels to dry completely; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add buttermilk and hot sauce; whisk until combined and smooth. Coat about ¼ pickles in buttermilk mixture. Using slotted metal spoon, carefully place coated pickles into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from oil; place on second paper towel lined pan to drain. Repeat until all pickles are cooked. Serve immediately with dip.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.